Re: crane rails

In AISC's Steel design Guide No. 7 for Industrial Buildings, it lists L/600
L/1000 for vertical deflections and L/400 for lateral deflections of crane
runway beams.  In the past L/1000 has been recommended for heavy cranes and
L/600 for light and medium cranes - I currently use L/800 as a compromise.

For monorails, I use L/450 based on Monorail Manufacturer's Association
recommendations.