Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: crane rails[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: crane rails
- From: "Bill Sherman" <SHERMANWC(--nospam--at)cdm.com>
- Date: 12 May 98 09:45:59 -0400
In AISC's Steel design Guide No. 7 for Industrial Buildings, it lists L/600 to L/1000 for vertical deflections and L/400 for lateral deflections of crane runway beams. In the past L/1000 has been recommended for heavy cranes and L/600 for light and medium cranes - I currently use L/800 as a compromise. For monorails, I use L/450 based on Monorail Manufacturer's Association recommendations.
- Prev by Subject: Re: crane rails
- Next by Subject: Crooked Anchor Bolts
- Previous by thread: Re: crane rails
- Next by thread: Re: seaoc Digest for 11 May 1998