1Meg modem w/ DSLine: $20./mo?

My understanding is that this is just being tested in a few areas at this time.
The problem is that it requires the phone companys to install special switches
and they have resisted since it would cut into their very profitable ISDN
service.  They seem to be yeilding now that cable modems are starting to
challenge ISDN.  I also think the cost will be more along the lines of $40/
month.

Even though the big selling point is that it works over copper wires, some
areas with older wiring will need to be rewired.  Because of this, it may be a
long time in coming for some rural areas.

The following 3COM site should have some info since they are one of the larger
manufacturers of the DSL equipment.

http://www.3com.com/nsc/500624.html
Ian Robertson
igr(--nospam--at)eqe.com