Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
1Meg modem w/ DSLine: $20./mo?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: 1Meg modem w/ DSLine: $20./mo?
- From: "Ian Robertson" <igr(--nospam--at)EQE.COM>
- Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 09:23:24 PST
- Priority: normal
My understanding is that this is just being tested in a few areas at this time. The problem is that it requires the phone companys to install special switches and they have resisted since it would cut into their very profitable ISDN service. They seem to be yeilding now that cable modems are starting to challenge ISDN. I also think the cost will be more along the lines of $40/ month. Even though the big selling point is that it works over copper wires, some areas with older wiring will need to be rewired. Because of this, it may be a long time in coming for some rural areas. The following 3COM site should have some info since they are one of the larger manufacturers of the DSL equipment. http://www.3com.com/nsc/500624.html Ian Robertson igr(--nospam--at)eqe.com
- Prev by Subject: RE: 1Meg modem w/ DSLine: $20./mo?
- Next by Subject: 25% snow load is Conservative
- Previous by thread: RE: 1Meg modem w/ DSLine: $20./mo?
- Next by thread: RE: Crooked Anchor Bolts