On-line library

I've been receiving advertisements for Building Codes, ACI Reports and
Standard Practices, AWS Standards, etc. on CD.  Many clearly ought to be on
the shelf or in the disk-stack in the office of any practicing structural
engineer.  But, some of them, I may have need to refer to no more than once or
twice before the next cycle of changes calls for buying the next set -- at
$400 to $600 per CD, that's hard to justify.  Instead, since every engineer
seems to have a unique collection of reference that matches their niches, I'll
call around and see who has the stuff I need that I could borrow when I need
it; and I tend to be liberal lender in return.

Would it be possible for SEAOC to open a library of references on CD that
could be accessed and downloaded by email.  Or opened from a web page? Free
would be ideal for us little guys, of-course, but subscription, or pay-per-
download (to pay for the librarian and the costs of CD purchases) would make a
lot of sense.

After all, what's an association for?

Nels Roselund
Structural Engineer