Composite/Light gauge construction

On a design-build project I designed a two-story assisted living facility using a steel frame and bar joist.
The contractor has come back with a design utilizing all light gauge framing and says it's much cheaper.  I talked with the person designing the light gauge and it turns out that they are screwing a clip @16" o.c. to the top flange of the 10"C  to utilize composite action (he's using a 2" slab).  Have any of yall ever heard of considering light gauge with composite action.  This method doesn't really give me a "warm fuzzy" feeling.

Any comments welcome.

John Jones
Pell City, AL