Re: Blast Resistant Doors

Charlie,

I'm trying to figure out how a blast resistant door got damaged without
being subjected to a nuclear blast?  Makes me wonder what would have happened
if there had been a nuclear blast.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Charlie Canitz wrote:

. > My inquiry is in response to a client request to replace two damaged
. > blast resistant doors at an existing structure. The structure was built
. > during the 60's and was designed to be blast resistant for nuclear
. > explosions(I guess that explains why the doors' exterior skin is 3" thick
. > steel).