Re: RE: Question for East Coast Engineers

In a message dated 5/7/98 3:27:19 PM, RR wrote:

<<Building Officials have a
problem with any group who propose code provisions which are intended to
force the public into hiring the proponent in order to comply with the code
provision.

Yup, and if BOs ran medicine brain surgery wouldn't be restricted to brain
surgeons, would it?  Shouldn't we (they) be looking at the value of the
provision rather than--or at least in addition to--the potential benefit to
the proponent?  I mean, we're not used-car salespeople, are we?  (Are we?)

Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Richmond CA