RE: AutoCad Center Line & Plate Symbols

Mark,

Thanks for the information about the hatch patterns.  I use a hatch, RDOTS
(Random Dots) that I got from either Cadence or Cadalyst magazine and I was
certain that I needed that pattern in order to plot a drawing that used it.
It's been a while since it happened, so maybe my memory is really fuzzy.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Mark Middlebrook wrote:

. > BTW, you may already know this, but you don't need to send custom hatch
. > pattern definitions along with DWG files unless you're concerned about the
. > recipient being able to create more hatching of the same type. When you
. > add hatching to a drawing, AutoCAD incorporates all of the information it
. > needs in the drawing (either as an anonymous block in R13 and earlier
. > versions, or as an internal pattern definition in R14). Hatching doesn't
. > create any "outside" references. Fonts, xrefs, and shapes are all you
. > need to worry about.
. >
. > - Mark Middlebrook