From: Sleiman Serhal [mailto:mony(--nospam--at)destination.com.lb]
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 1998 10:26 AM
To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
Subject: Re: Steel Jacketing of RC columns

Germaine, Bob/CVO wrote:

> How about carbon-fiber reinforcing?
> Bob Germaine

The columns are rectangular so I don't think the carbon fiber wraps
would work properly, but most importantly, I forgot to mention that I'm
in Lebanon so it's a third world country with a bizarre mixture of
unskilled-unprofessional-sneaky labor. So I try to use as low tech a
method as possible since specifying advanced techniques that will be
badly executed on site would be useless.

Thanks,

Moni Serhal
MSCE UT Austin