Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[no subject][Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org'" <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
- From: Robert Rollo <rrollo(--nospam--at)TEAM-PSC.com>
- Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 10:41:47 -0500
I need additional opinions . . . Wind loads per AISC 7-95. Hipped roof (3:12) building in a "T" configuration. The standard now (versus 93) identifies the hip ridge condition as a zone 2 "components and cladding" region for pressure. How about the 2 valleys created by the "T" shape? should these have a zone 2 defined by the "a" width? I have one 2 "yes" and 2 "no" votes on this one. Additionally, the widths are different as are the eave heights, so I have different widths and "h" values. Are there 2 seperate "a" zone widths, or does the larger always apply (that would certainly be the conservative approach)? Thoughts anyone? Thanks in advance . . . robert d. rollo, pe rrollo(--nospam--at)team-psc.com
- Prev by Subject: [no subject]
- Next by Subject: RE:
- Previous by thread: Re: Pressure Treated Wood
- Next by thread: RE: "Flitch-plate"