	From:  James_F_Fulton(--nospam--at)RohmHaas.Com[SMTP:James_F_Fulton(--nospam--at)RohmHaas.Com]
	Sent:  Friday, May 15, 1998 7:26 AM
	To:  seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
	Subject:  Pressure Treated Wood

	What specs apply to pressure treating wood ? I see tags on
landscaping
	timbers like 6x6x8 that say "Ground Contact", "0.40 PCF", and
"CCA-C". I
	assume this means the wood contains chromated copper arsenate at the
rate of
	.4 lbs of cca per cubic foot of wood. Are there applications that
require
	would a higher rate of cca ? Thanks.