Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Pressure Treated Wood[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: Pressure Treated Wood
- From: "Bill Sherman" <SHERMANWC(--nospam--at)cdm.com>
- Date: 15 May 98 14:31:13 -0400
The '97 UBC (Chapter 23) references AWPA for preservative treatments. AWPA standards cover two levels of preservative treatment - "above ground" and "ground contact". I believe CCA (chromated copper arsenate) is the most common preservative used, with retention rates of 0.25 and 0.40 for above ground/ground contact, respectively. Retention rates vary with preservative type. Different preservatives have different precautions or limitations in where they should be used.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Pressure Treated Wood
- Next by Subject: Re: Pressure Treated Wood
- Previous by thread: Re: Pressure Treated Wood
- Next by thread: Re: Pressure Treated Wood