Site specific response spectra

I have a question with regard to site specific response spectra and how it
relates to element design.  The structure is a one story building with
masonry shear walls (tall slender walls), steel joists, and metal roof deck.

Due to the occupancy of the structure, a site specific analysis was
performed by the geotechnical engineer.  His analysis revealed that the soil
would amplify the ground motion at the site.  The graph provided in the
report shows that for short period structures, the accelerations are greater
than the normalized response spectra given in Fig. 16-3 of the UBC.

So far so good, we are now designing the "structure" for this increased base
shear.  The piece of the puzzle I'm struggling with is how to design the
walls.  Do "elements" of the structure also need to be scaled up by the same
factor?  I have a 1990 copy of the Blue Book and in reading it, I'm not sure
that the loads should be scaled up.  However, this does not sit well on my
"warm fuzzy" meter.

Any thoughts or opinions are appreciated.

Chris Palmateer