H2O at Bot of Form

Mike,

I hope that you have your recommendations to the owner, and his/her decision
in writing.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Mike Brown wrote:

. > Thank you to everyone who responded to my question regarding standing
. > water in the key way at the bottom of the formed wall.
. >
. > The owner was notified of potential problems, honeycombing at the bottom
. > of the wall, potential for weak concrete, weak bond, etc. The owner has
. > elected to go ahead with the pour hoping that the water will be displaced
. > with the concrete and pushed out the cracks of the form work.
. >
. > Tests will be done to the in place concrete wall to assure adequate
. > strength and bond has occurred. Honeycombing will be repaired as
. > required.  If the wall does not meet strength, then the owner has elected
. > to pay for the corrections, including removal of the wall.
. >
. > As you can imagine, the owner believes all will be okay.
. >
. > Again, thank you for your input.
. >
. > Mike Brown, P.E.