Re: Steel Jacketing of RC columns

Hello Sleiman and  all you guys,

I was very busy these past week  and did not
have a chance to read all email.
I had done steel jacketing of large columns of
an 18th century church here.
What was done was put angle bars on all four
sides of the columns and weld the angular webs
to the vertical angles on the side. We then
poured concrete with about 2" cover .
Some honeycombs were present after pouring but
these were just plastered with cement.
Using metal lath and plaster is Ok also. It is
more expensive on material but lesser labor is
required.

I hope this helps.

Alex C. Nacionales, C.E.
Iloilo City, Philippines