Canopy Roof Wind Load

Charlie,

You say that this canopy structure is an "entry canopy," therefore there must
be a building or something nearby to enter.  In that case, I would consider
the canopy a partially enclosed structure regardless of whether or not it is
free standing (structurally independent?).  (I guess that I would consider
*all* structures as partially enclosed unless I am guaranteed that no one
will ever build something within twice the height of the structure, nor will
anyone park trucks, trains, store material, plant trees or hedges near the
structure.)

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Charlie Canitz wrote:

. > I'm presently working on a project for which I'm trying to
. > dtermine the wind uplift pressure on a standing seam metal
. > roof of a free standing entry canopy structure.