Subject: RE: Canopy Roof Wind Load
Author:  "Canitz; Charles F NAB02" <Charles.F.Canitz(--nospam--at)nab02.usace.army.mil> at
fdinet
Date:    5/19/98 4:25 AM

Roger -
  You are correct. The canopy is located at the main entrance of a building
but is structurally independent. Using Lew's advice, I'll analyze as an open
structure with a 20 degree monoslope roof. I'll also analyze as a partially
enclosed structure. I'll probably use a wind design uplift value(s)
somewhere in between.

Thanks,

Charlie