Re: Unreinforced Masonry Upgrades

Dear David,

Fernando Lizzi wrote a book called the Static restoration of monuments it
covers the type of buildign you're interested in.

Depending on the type of building and the standard you want to get to.  His
methods are expensive.

ruhterford and chekene of California wrote a good report for abrams at UI
Urbana about such things.

The other perosn I would ask in the US is Grimm at one of the Texas
Universities he is a gold mine of information.

Tomazevic and Benedetti's articles in ASCE and EESD are probably as good as
it gets.

Main thing is to tie walls to floors etc.

If you cared to send me plan or picture directly and tell me your loading I
could tell you want we did after Newcastle Earthquake.

good luck

John Nichols