From:  W. Gray Hodge[SMTP:hda(--nospam--at)evansville.net]
Sent:  Wednesday, May 20, 1998 7:30 AM
To:  SEAOC Listservice
Subject:  Load Testing

I am working on the renovation of an existing structure and the Owner
has expressed an interest in performing a load test to verify the
load
carrying capacity for a portion of the structure.  My question is
this:
Is there an ASTM or other industry standard which defines how such a
test should be performed?  Does anyone else have experience in load
testing - are there any "do's" or "don'ts"?

Thanks for your help.