Re: Unreinforced Masonry Upgrades

David,

We have just completed an NSF project on retrofitting of URM walls with
fiber composites; the papers were sent to the journals in the last couple
of months and therefore are not in print yet.  If you wish, you may contact
me and I will be glad to send you copies of these papers.  The load and
deformation capacity of the retrofitted walls subjected to 20 or so cycles
of loading is simply amazing.

At 09:58 PM 5/19/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I am trying to find any references or reports on suggessted methods to
>evaluate and possibly upgrade unreinforced masonry to current standards.
>In particular I have an old industrial building, greater than 100 years
>old, with 20 inch walls. Any information would be aprreciated.
>
>David N. Martin, P.E.

Mo Ehsani, Ph.D., S.E.
Professor of Civil Engineering
206 Civil Engineering Building
University of Arizona
Tucson, AZ 85721
Phone:  (520) 621-6589
FAX:    (520) 621-2550
e-mail: Ehsani(--nospam--at)u.Arizona.edu
http://w3.arizona.edu/~civil/f_links/ehsani.html