Need help

Hi,

 I am a Civil Engineering graduate with Masters in Structural
Engineering & Construction Mgmt. from the University of
Kerala, India. Have experience in Civil & Structural fields
for nearly 4 years in India.

Now I am in CA . I am interested to make myself  familiar with
the standards and technologies practising in US and would like
to study more and do some  academic oriented jobs. I have work
permit. I have some  doubts in this regard.

Do I need to write EIT/FE exam to practise as a Civil Engineer?
Is my Masters degree sufficient to do research in the related fields?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sindhu Kurup