Re: Architects Doing Engineering -Enough!

I agree with you.  I am a student and I currently work for a place that allows
me to do some engineering from time to time.  I currently reviewed a set of
calculations from an architect and I found a few static mistakes in his
equations.  I know I am just a student and I am just learning my self but I
think the building departmenst should be a little bit more carefull in
checking the work that goes through their office.

The argument that I receive from other architects is that there are a lot of
people suffering every day from being homeless so their job to design homes
that are afordable is more important to them than making it seismicly stable.

A concerned student
Marlou
Arce 98,
Cal Poly, SLO