Re: Architects Doing Engineering -Enough!

Hi everybody !

    It shocking to hear that this sort of structural practice is still not bared
in the US.

     this sort of mentality on part of some property developers has had
catastrophic consequences in my country Iran (the situation here is the same as
UBC zone 4). People without proper structural training have made a mess here and
it's costing many  lives  (25000 alone in the 1990 earthquake, 1600 this year).
Untrained people have been bared years ago. I think swift action is needed to
prevent any loss of lives and its up to you to pressure the authorities into
taking action.

Sassan Parhizgari
Structural Engineer