From: Tom Chiu [mailto:Tomchiu(--nospam--at)worldnet.att.net]
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 1998 9:45 AM
To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
Subject: Re: Architects Doing Engineering -Enough!

MRodrig273 wrote:

> The argument that I receive from other architects is that there are a lot
of
> people suffering every day from being homeless so their job to design
homes
> that are afordable is more important to them than making it seismicly
stable.

If I were you, I would not work that kind of Architect with that kind of
mentality. Designing illegal seismically unstable (UNSAFE) homes for
people, do not made it affordable. It simply translate into more profit
for the builders and therefore continuous job inflow for the unethical
designers.  A couple of holdowns here and there won't increase the cost
that much.

Good luck for your career!