Diaphram Design

I am looking for a good technical publication / text book on designing
diaphragms.  Specifically I would like a reference for bare metal deck
diaphragms and concrete filled diaphragms.  I want one that adequately
explains deflection and how to design diaphragms with openings.  I have a
copy of SDI 2nd edition Diaphragm Design Manual.  IMO it is very poorly
organized and hard to follow.  I have been to their web site and don't see
any other references.

Does anybody have some suggestions?

Richard Lewis, P.E.
Missionary TECH Team