Re: RE: Architects Doing Engineering -Enough!

Don't get me wrong dennis,

I am all for a well engineered and well built home.
The argument that I gave the architect about the homelessness issue is that,
the people that go to him to get their homes designed properly usually have
enough money to afford a house that will stand up and be safe during an
earthquake, so being cheap and taking shortcuts in the engineering of the
structure is actually cheating the clients that have money to afford a well
designed home.

Marlou
Arce 98
Cal Poly, SLO