Conventional Framing Provisions in IBC

     The conventional framing provisions of the IBC are the responsibility
     of the structural sub-committee (of the IBC). The ICBO staff liaison
     for this activity is Shirin Ader. You can direct comments to her at

        Shirin Ader
        ICBO
        5360 Workman Mill Rd
        Whittier, CA 90601-2298

     There was a public comment forum in Alexandria VA for the IBC, IFC and
     IRC (Building, Fire and Residential) The comments heard there will be
     reviewed by the committee and used to update the draft copies of the
     codes. The next version of the IBC, IFC, and IRC will be called the
     final draft and should be available around the end of July. I'll post
     when its available. You will be able to fax or write to ICBO to
     request a copy. (especially members)

     David Dodgen
     dodgen(--nospam--at)icbo.org
     Dennis Wish wrote

     Can you indicate where engineers should submit their comments
     regarding the IBC? I have submitted my comments to an individual who
     was recommended to me (I don't remember at the moment who that was) as
     well as to my local chapter of SEA. I do not know where or if it was
     received and reviewed since I did not get a response.
     If we have comments, can you or anyone provide us either an address or
     email address (or fax number) where we can submit our comments
     directly to those who will evaluate them. In my case, I am concerned
     with the Conventional Framing section of the Wood chapter.