RE: Architects Doing Engineering -Enough!

Somehow, I knew out dialog would sink to the point where the only defense
you have is to attack me for either not getting more involved in committee
work or not holding some elected office. This portion of the thread began
when Tom Chiu speculated that I had raised a topic (of which there has been
at least 40 various opinions posted) and then coyly ask "How does this
problem get solved"? Well, I developed a reasonable plan. Now you want me to
execute the plan myself? As you know by now, I have too strong opinions to
hold a political office nor do I have the time since I am running a one man
shop (more or less). But, hey, I admit it. I don't have a clue what the
people who accept the position of Director or President assumed that their
role would be. I do know that, while paying dues for eighteen years, I have
seen very little evidence where the organization has done anything to
protect the professional (as opposed to the profession). This topic would be
one good place and, I believe, there is a solution that most of us can
support. At the very least it would be nice if someone could/would print out
this thread, hand it to the presidents and directors of the various
chapters, "encourage" them to consider the issue, formulate a reasonable
position and put it to a vote by the membership. If there are costs
associated with implementing this plan, present that too. Do something. Why
assume others will do my "heavy lifting"? Frank, that's why I elected them
and pay dues. Just like the members of AIA do. Just like the members of a
representative form of government do. Please, Frank, if you can't offer
something constructive, please go back to your knitting and leave this
thread alone.

Regards,
Bill Allen