Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: PRESSURE VESSELS: inspection -- referral opportunity

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Drew ---

A company called General Physics out of San Diego does that line of work,
and I have first hand knowledge of their competence. They can also
contract repairs and have an ASME "R" stamp for certifications.   If you
cannot locate them, please email me at mrnester(--nospam--at), and I
will forward name, address, email, etc.  The best contact is a former
aerospace ME named Jim Gill.

In general, all pressure vessels in California must be ASME certified,
and there are maintenance and inspection requirements as well.  For
technical requirements, CalOSHA refers to ASME Pressure Vessel Code.

Russ Nester
On Sat, 23 May 1998 10:16:05 -0700 "Drew A. Norman, S.E."
<dnormanse(--nospam--at)> writes:
>A mechanical engineer I work with has been asked to make a proposal 
>inspection of more than one thousand existing pressure vessels of 
>sizes, shapes, ages and content in a large industrial facility.  He 
>me for some reason.  I think what he needs is someone familiar with 
>the ASME
>code, pressure vessel design, installation and safe operation 
>and/or non-destructive testing techniques; not necessarily structural 
>of buildings (e.g., not me).  Does any one out there want to refer me 
>some one who could help my colleague with what might be a decent sized 
>Drew Norman, S.E.
>Drew A. Norman and Associates

You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail.
Get completely free e-mail from Juno at
Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]