Tangshen Revisited:

Dear Dennis and Frank,

What I can say as an future acadamic and a past practicing engineer is that
this list has without doubt some of the best engineers around contributing.

Anyway thanks for the lessons, it certainly helps put the practice into
perspective.

Personal opinion is that most purchases are made by women.  We should spend
a bit more time educating the future women ( school girls ) as to why they
need engineered structures.  To many think engineers fix cars.

Wearing seat belts should be mandatroy as it is in Australia.

And I agree the most dangerous parts of a house are the bits that fall on
neighbors.  This is not such a big problem in CA but it is in places where
teh houses have not been tested.  say Nevada MO to pick an example.

anyway  have a nice day

john nichols

(for the kind soul that asked I live in Newcastle Australia::I have been
through a 5.5 and put all the Catholic Church buildings in the Maitland
Diocese about 700 back together.)