Re: Tangshen - Response to Frank Lew

>I think we, as engineers, should educate the public on what they are
>getting by buying a house that conformed to present Codes which only
>address life-safety
SEAOC is beating the wrong horse. If you want to address property damge
talk to insurors and lenders. Put together a solid rationale on how much
money they stand to lose, and you'll start to see action. The 'public'
buys on price and they aren't much interested in technical education, but
they'll come around when insurance rates get affected.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw