Re: Architects Doing Engineering -Enough

Sassan Parhizgari wrote:

>  Any step must be taken to reduce the potential risk.
>
> Sassan Parhizgari, SE
> Shiraz, Iran

I agreed with your post expect for the your last statement.
We "could" eliminate automobile fatalities by getting rid of cars.
We "could" virtually eliminate earthquake deaths by mandating one story
single family with <5% openings, no irregular floor plans & all interior
rooms <400sq ft, etc, etc.  No mult-istory, no multi-unit.
There will always be risk.  The key is that the person assuming the risk
be aware of it & understand it.
regards
Robert Kazanjy