RE: Correlation of structural fasteners

Robert,

Try http://www.industrial-fasteners.org/

They have in the past published tables summarizing ASTM, SAE, ISO, and
AISI requirements.  For example SAE Grade 5 and ASTM A325 have
essentially the same mechanical properties (although testing
requirements may be different).  SAE Grade 8 and ASTM A490 also
correspond for at least some sizes.  It seems that the AISI
specifications reference the steel stock from which various ASTM or SAE
bolt grades are made (for example AISI 4140 steel can be used to make
ASTM A193 Grade B7 bolts when the appropriate heat treatment, etc. is
employed).

Ed Marshall, PE
Simons Engineering
Atlanta