Re: FW: Conventional Framing Concerns - A response from NAHB

Jay please

I have a strong interest in earthquake loss assessments for emergency
preparedness and response,  and insurance assessment purposes.

We are studying the outcomes from the Northridge earthquake large database
for single family unit dwelling damage in order to determine damage ratios
and the prospects of tranforming the information to New Zealand conditions.
(For interest the Northridge damage ratios appear to be some 2 to 4 times
those experienced in NZ).  We are also interested in developing damage
ratios for 'actual damage' vs 'insurance loss' which have obvious
differences.

Hence I would appreciate any information, particularly statistical damage
information and construction  standards and forms, that you may be able to
make available.

This reply is put in the SEAOC news group in case there are any others that
may be able to help me.  I would appreciate it if Jay could contact me
directly via e-mail to explore prospects please.

Cheers,  Bruce S.

Bruce Shephard, Principal Consultant Seismic Risk
Opus International Consultants, New Zealand
DD Telephone +64 4 4717597,  Fax +64 4 4711397
Email bruce.shephard(--nospam--at)opus.co.nz