Re: Construction As-built Drawings

     It should be.

     Jerome

Subject: Construction As-built Drawings
Author:  MIME7:Tomchiu(--nospam--at)worldnet.att.net at INTERNET
Date:    5/27/98 11:16 PM

In some instance, the client would ask me to prepare as-built drawings
as part of the construction phase.  I would prefer the contractor doing
as-built drawings rather than the designer.  Why? because, in my
opinion, whoever does the as-built drawings is simply warranting every
single nut and bolt were installed per details and spec.  The contractor
should be the one warranting that.  In most design offices that I worked
for in the past, the contractor would submit as-built drawings for the
engineer to review.  When the owner insists on it, I would call it
"record set", "construction set" rather than as-built.

Is it standard of practice for engineer to do as-built drawings?