Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: CA to New Jersey

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
So, if you are a LA PE, you have to take some sort of an exam to get a CA
PE, right? But not vise-versa.

Bill Allen

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian K. Smith [mailto:smitheng(--nospam--at)]
Sent: Friday, May 29, 1998 7:46 AM
To: seaoc(--nospam--at)
Subject: Re: CA to New Jersey

Paul G. Adams wrote:
> Stan:
> In 1990 I moved from CA to NJ.  I was able to apply and receive my NJ PE
> through reciprocity.  I've been told that it is not as easy if you do not
> have a New Jersey address, but I don't know if that is true.  By the way,
> Pennsylvania, New York and Connecticut were the same.  The CA PE seems to
> get you anywhere.

I do not care to much for your last statement, "The CA PE seems to get
you anywhere."  Us's dum ol red neks in Louisiana can get reciprocity or
comity registrations in almost any state as well.  What you will
actually find is that all states are now requiring applicants to pass
both the 8 hour EIT and 8 hour PE tests that are administered by the
NCEES.  Some states do have requirements for additional criteria, such
as California's 2nd day test.

Brian K. Smith,P.E.