RE: RR Tie retaining walls

Kate, I'm not sure if this is the answer or not, but it seems to me that the
minimum height of a retaining wall without having to design it is 30 inches
(I might be wrong about this one). Also if the slope of the hill is less
than 2:1, I do not think it needs to be retained. Could it be that the wall
was used as a debree wall only and that the slope behind it was 2:1 or less?
Dennis