Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: RR Tie retaining walls[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: RR Tie retaining walls
- From: <BD2PE(--nospam--at)aol.com>
- Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 01:33:02 EDT
Kate: The NDS has allowable stresses for "poles" for different species of wood. The railroad ties will be a little mor difficult to get allowable stresses for, but you could assume a conservative value or find out the species and make some assumptions from there. I have designed these walls before and found the contractors have been very surprised at the foundation requirements. Good luck. Brian Dunagan, P.E.
- Prev by Subject: RE: RR Tie retaining walls
- Next by Subject: RE: RR Tie retaining walls
- Previous by thread: Re: RR Tie retaining walls
- Next by thread: RE: RR Tie retaining walls