RE: RR Tie retaining walls

Kathleen,

The American Wood Preservers Institute has published design examples in
the past for this sort of thing.  In particular "Designing Retaining
Walls, Bulkheads and Seawalls of Treated Lumber".  It was a reprint from
"Wood Preserving News," Aug-Sept 1966,  It includes an example using
poles.  AWPI has a web site at www.awpi.org.

Ed Marshall, PE
Simons Engineering
Atlanta