RE: Eaglepoint's 2d/3d Analysis software

OK, here's the other side:

Their software isn't bad.  I've used the DOS verisons of Eaglepoint's
2D and 3D analysis programs, as well as the steel beam-column
post-processor, and have found them relatively easy to use and
bug-free.  I've also used RISA 2D and 3D.

My first choice for simple problems is Epoint 2D, since I "grew up"
with it.   Epoint 3D has useful non-linear elements, such as
cables, struts, hooks, and gaps.  Technical support (mostly by Dan
Horn) has been excellent.  On the negative side: the graphics are
pretty crude compared to RISA, and Epoint 3D has no plates.  And
Epoint sales reps are nothing if not persistent.

Dave Evans, P.E.
TNH, INC.