Re: Friction factor for plastic flat bottom tank

Bill Cain, S.E. wrote:

 Although I'm
> uncomfortable with this design for a high seismic area, I can't suggest
> anything better since plastic is hard to fasten to.

I have reviewed and approved plastic tank(containing acid waste)
anchored with shaped circular angle base with plastic laminations
attaching the top leg of the angle and bolted to the concrete base. I
would not rely on friction since any motion of the tank will break the
connecting pipes.  Flexible connectors should also be used for the pipes
connecting to the tank.

Good luck
begin:          vcard
fn:             Tom  Chiu
n:              Chiu;Tom
org:            Thomas Engineering
email;internet: Tomchiu(--nospam--at)worldnet.att.net
title:          Principal, SE
tel;work:       (714) 221-3663
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE