Composite Action in Load Bearing Walls

I have recently been involved in a design review where are claims are
made that the wall sheathing (APA Rated) can be made to act compositely
with the studs. The premise being that the section modulas and moment of
inertia are greatly increased. It would seem that just nailing the
sheathing would not produce any real composite action. If composite
action was counted on it would seem that under lateral loading,
primarily wind, that for the windward case the sheathing would be put in
compression. I am uncortable with the premise and was wondering if any
one has ever tried this or knows of research on the subject.

David N. Martin, P.E.