Staad Pro

>>We have been hearing a lot about eaglepoint recently; what are the
>>collective thoughts of the group about STAAD-III and STAAD/PRO. I like
>>Staad-III and will probably like PRO when all of the bugs are worked out and
>>all of the components function. I think that the first release,  rushed to
>>market before the end of the year, was an early Bata and that the latest
>>version is still a bata version. Seems to me REI is letting the users do
>>their testing and bug identification.

We used staad3 for several years but finally got sick of the unreliable
calculations and terrible support. We switched to RISA-3D about 3 years ago
and haven't looked back. I'm surprised people put up with buggy software in
the hope that "the bugs will get worked out later". We're very happy with RISA
and even if Staad does get their bugs fixed (doubtful) I have no reason to
ever go back.

I haven't used Eaglepoint, but I did make the mistake of requesting a demo
disk from them, which resulted in several very aggressive telephone calls from
a sales rep there.

Earl Conroy
EC Engineers