Re: ALGOR Software

Chris :

Thanks for your answer, feels good not being the only one having trouble to
get data out. But I agree it's an excellent software. We've being using it
for about a year and a half, and I think that for most common uses, it
really helps a lot, we are working now in some aluminum structures and what
we do is check stresses are in the right range, and that's it, everything
in the superview module (A module that lets you see grapically the results,
for those of you who doesn't know the software). We're fighting now with
the Time History analisys, and our worst problem is that their manuals
really don't help you, so you have to be guessing and spending a lot of
time to get to know the program. They've improved though in combinig
elements, now in Superdraw III (The module in which you draw the structure,
something like Autocad, not as powerful though, but good enough) you can
define beam, plate and brick elements, and the program helps you decode
them separately and then makes automatically the combined model.

Thanks for your comments, really helped me a lot. But since I don't feel
alone anymore, I'm sending an e-mail to ALGOR so they start thinking about
improvement of the result data management. As I know, they are now involved
in the Event Simulation, which is giving you a very powerful nonlinear tool
to simulate events.

Best regards.

Walter Sheen, CE
Lima, Peru