Re: Changes to SEAOC and SEAOSC, SEAONC, SEAOSD and SEAOCC

Thank you for your comments.  I find that I can't disagree with you in relation
to the responsiveness of the organization.  The only thing that keeps us from
posting committee minutes of meetings on the web is the committees themselves.
They need to submit those minutes to Don Gilbert so they can be posted.

As for Board Meeting minutes I would like to see those posted as well.  One of
the difficulties is that the minutes are not official until they have been
approved by the board.  Typically, this happens at the next board meeting.  To
post them at that point makes them 30 days old.  However, we are now reviewing
minutes by e-mail.  As soon as Don can complete them, they are e-mailed to the
board for review and comment.  If we can develop a way in which to approve the
minutes by e-mail, it would be more likely that they could be posted to the web
in a more timely fashion.

I think you can look forward to good things happening in the next year.  Jim Lai
is a strong supporter of the membership and wants to continue the improvments
made in the last year.  Manuel Morden has done a tremendous job under some
trying conditions to keep SEAOSC moving forward.  I believe he has succeeded!
Responsiveness will improve.  As Ron Hamburger said in his message, technology
and business interests march on.  It is because of these advances that the
leadership will be able to be more responsive.

Please, keep letting your leadership know how you feel.  We may not always
respond, but we do listen and consider.

Rick Ranous