Re: Changes to SEAOC and SEAOSC, SEAONC, SEAOSD and SEAOCC

I would like to thank Pat Nickel for his support on non members' contributions
to the server.  I welcome this forum for its exchange of ideas technical,
political and ethical.  I would  respectfully ask if there is private
bussiness within SEAoC to be conducted by board members and not to be public.
Why don't the board members conduct it privately.  I for one generally do not
comment on internal politics or policies, these sould be set by the
administration under the guidelines set by the membership.  I don't know if
Bill Allen meant his comments to be, but I took them to be very patronizing,
as if comments or input from "non members"  is somehow of less value than
comments by "members".  His comments of the membership being non resitricted
and the "espicially since the organization started letting CEs to vote", I
feel, is an example of this.  I realize that as non members of SEAoC we are
invited guests, however, invited guests should be treated with respect and
they may even have something of value to contribute.    Roger Turk, I know has
been very active in SEAoA at Chapter, State and Committee levels.  I have
served on the Board of Directors of SEAoA, been a past president of SEAoA ,
and served on several committes.   Judging from what I have seen of some of
the people that visit and comment on this server Roger and I are far from
unique.  With this all said maybe the best thing is to take Bill up on his
invitation to join SEAoC.  Bill, as a registered SE in Ca. what would my
status be?

Respectfully and thank you for letting me vent.

Mel Slaysman