RE: Changes to SEAOC and SEAOSC, SEAONC, SEAOSD and SEAOCC

To clarify, I am not suggesting replacing or redesigning the content or
purpose of this listserv. I am merely suggesting a method by which SEAOC
business can be conducted more effectively (in addition to not in replace of
the existing listserv). Certainly I am not suggesting "closing any doors".
In fact, I would like to open them. As I have stated previously, committee
meetings are not being posted to the SEAOC website so only a few members are
aware of the committee developments. Rick Ranous stated that meeting minutes
are not reviewed and approved until the next meeting but, if they were kept
in electronic form, they would be available immediately. Certainly, issues
pertaining to the general structural engineering profession should remain
open and available to as many participants as possible. Further, how many
times have I been "flamed" for bringing up non-techno topics suggesting that
I should present these topics in another forum?

I believe 'blasphemous' (look it up) is a little strong when you state: "It
seems blasphemous to think that only regional or local SEA members should be
allowed to contribute to the creation of codes and methodologies that are
used by the entire profession.  Contribution need not have affiliations
attached to the to be considered." How are the contributions made now?

Regards,
Bill Allen