RE: Changes to SEAOC and SEAOSC, SEAONC, SEAOSD and SEAOCC

Thanks for your comments and giving me an opportunity to provide an attempt
at clarification. Certainly I was not attempting to be "patronizing" or do I
feel that comments by non-SEAOC members/non CA SEs are less significant or,
in general, have less valuable content than SEAOC members/CA SEs. My
suggestion is merely an attempt to give the SEAOC membership a venue to
participate actively in an organization to which they pay dues and, in
return, give the organization a significant resource (i.e., members that
cannot/will not attend committee meetings but are available for e-mail
correspondence) for getting things done.

I speculate that there are two major reasons why many SEAOC elected
officials do not post more SEAOC business on this listserv: because they do
not use a computer or that they are intimidated by the potential of "airing
dirty laundry". I don't know how to solve the first problem but the second
may be solved by setting up a password protected "Intranet".

With regards to non-SEAOC members offering opinions to SEAOC business, I am
sure this input is welcome and I know it has been valuable in the past.
However, I associate this practice to someone who has an opinion on politics
but are not registered to vote. For example, what weight would you put on my
opinion on the Governor's race in AZ?

With regards to your potential membership, you should probably contact Don
Gilbert for a correct response, but I would suspect, since you are a CA SE,
you would be a Member SE.

Thanks for your comments,
Bill Allen