From: Roger Turk [mailto:73527.1356(--nospam--at)compuserve.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 06, 1998 12:42 PM
To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
Subject: COMP: MS Bookshelf98

Bill,

I just saw an article in PC Magazine about a scripting method for Windows.
am going to have to look it over closely and see if I could use it to set up
the user friendly command line interface that I am used to so that I will
not waste time clicking on an icon to get another icon which gets a pull
down menu or a dialogue box and then, 2 hours later, enter the program that
I could quickly enter by just typing three characters at the DOS command
line.  Then, and only then, might I use Windows.

But then, I am going to have to figure out how to override Windows disk
organization and hooks so that *I* can organize my drives in the way that
*I* want them and that is logical.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

BTW, CompUSA is *finally* opening up a store in Tucson!  That's the good
part; the bad part is that it is clear across town from me.

. > I'm sure most of you are already familiar with Microsoft Bookshelf. I
just
. > picked up a copy of Bookshelf98 ($45 at CompUSA) and it is pretty cool.
An
. > icon is loaded on the task bar (to the left of the time). If you
. > highlight a word in any Windows application (sorry Roger Turk), then
. > right mouse click on the icon, you can get definitions, synonyms, etc.
. >
. > Regards,
. > Bill Allen
. >