Saturday Musings: USC Wins College World Series-FIGHT ON!

I admit, I have "boycotted" baseball since the strike of 1994. I have heard
that there are more teams, two new divisions and even interleague play.
Doesn't matter. I have found a flavor of the sport where the headlines are
void of millionaire crybabies.

For the first time in 20 years, USC has returned to their rightful place in
college baseball by winning their 12th national championship. They beat
Arizona State 21-14 in a true "pitchers duel". As a regional note, the
Florida schools (Miami, Florida and Florida State) were the top three seeds
in the tournament but went a combined 1-6. The championship game was played
between two PAC-10 teams.

Regards,
Bill Allen
MSCE 1983