Re: STEEL JOIST INFORMATION -try Vulcraft

Try use Vulcraft or similar.

For floor deck: I typically use 2'-0" o.c. with 2 1/2" conc. floor
deck on 9/16 28GA steel form, this can handle up to 100 psf or up to
150 psf occupancy load depending on the span;

for roof deck: 5'-0" o.c. with 1 1/2" deep 22GA steel panel.

you may call Vulcraft for its three books of brochure, SDI and SJI for
hteir publications:

Vulcraft: 801-734-9433,
SDI:      216-493-7886
SJI:      803-449-0487

Take it easy.

Steve Bian, P.E. (CA)
Greenbelt, MD

---TahirQ(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:

> ENGINEERS:
>
> I am a Highway Design Engineer and for the very first time I am
designing a
> building structure in which Architect wants to use STEEL JOISTS for
the floor
> system and PRE-ENGINEERED TRUSS FRAME for roof.  I got some books
but I still
> need some brochure from the steel joist manufacturers and specs from
STEEL